Highbrook Village Hall is an important community centre in the heart of the village. It is available for private hire for parties, wedding receptions etc.Check availability...
The hall was originally built as a school in 1875 by Mr & Mrs Kirby. It was also used as the local church until All Saints was completed in 1885.
Following major refurbishments in 1999 and 2002, the hall now provides a comfortable, centrally heated, well-equipped kitchen and accommodation for events for up to 100 people (standing) or 60 sitting at tables. During 2002 the roof and ceiling and roof were renovated and the beautiful and architecturally interesting "scissor beam" structure exposed as originally intended giving the hall an impressive yet intimate atmosphere for private events.
The tall, triple window at the north end of the hall has recently been replaced with double glazed single sheet panes rather than overlapped single glazing. This was funded by awards from the Millennium Commission and West Sussex County Council.
There is a schedule of public events held in the hall and it is also available for private social or business functions and groups such as Yoga classes and amateur dramatics.
For prices, availability and more information please Contact us.
Just along the lane from the hall is an historically unusual circular Smokery dating from the 19th century which is also owned by the Village Hall Charitable Trust. It is of brick construction under a conical wooden shingle roof. It has recently been refurbished and now provides a useful rest area for walkers.
The Millennium Picture
To mark the turn of the millennium a village picture was commissioned from local artist Brett Hudson. The original (120 x 180cm) hangs in the hall and a limited edition of 100 signed prints are on sale at £65 unframed, with all proceeds going to the Hall funds. Contact us for more details.
Highbrook Village Hall is run as a charitable trust for the benefit of residents of Highbrook. Offers of help or donations via gift aid or otherwise are always very gratefully received by the Management Committee.